- Make sure all required documentation listed on the International Student Information Sheet has been submitted. You may access this information packet via the NC website: http://www.navarrocollege.edu.
- Make sure you have been accepted. You should have submitted a completed international admissions application packet. Please note: Incomplete admissions application packets are not reviewed until all required documents have been received. Make sure you have received an acceptance packet that includes:
- your I-20,
- acceptance letter, and
- information about paying the $200 SEVIS fee upon your acceptance to Navarro College
You may pick it up from the Admissions Office, have it sent through regular mail, or pay to have it sent to you through Express Mail. You pick your mailing option when you complete the Acceptance Package form in your application packet. Contact Navarro College if you have not received an acceptance letter: Call the International Student Office (ISC) at 903.875.7353 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about applying for a student visa, see the information available at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html
- Complete the SEVIS I-901 Form and pay the fee.* See http://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee for more information *Please note this cannot be done until you have received your I-20.
- Make travel arrangements prior to arriving to the United States or prior to arriving on campus and plan for short-term accommodations, as necessary.
- Prepare for exchange of money or traveler’s checks: U.S. currency, transferring funds to the United States, opening a bank account, banking glossary, credit cards, etc. Please view these helpful links:
- Attend an International Orientation Beau Camp at the beginning of each long semester. (i.e. fall or spring). Please see your acceptance letter and the NC International Student Program Facebook page for information about dates and times of the International Orientation.