Food and Drink Policy
In an effort to make the library an inviting and comfortable place for study and research while maximizing the continuing value of the library’s collections, equipment, and furnishings, the library has a food and drink policy. By promoting responsible user behavior, this policy attempts to achieve a balance between our users’ social needs and the need to preserve and protect our collections.
Light, pre-packaged snacks that are not damaging to the collections or distracting to others are permitted except in the areas specified below. No outside delivery of food is permitted. Canned drinks and beverages in bottles that can be re-closed (screw top) or other spill-resistant containers such as travel mugs and sports bottles are permitted. Beverages in styrofoam or paper cups (with or without lids) are not permitted.
Food or beverages of any kind are not permitted under any conditions in the library’s computer labs, Classroom 111 in Sanchez Library, or at the computer stations in any Navarro College library facility.
In order to protect our resources and facilities from damage, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Please use sturdy, spill-proof containers for beverages.
2. Please limit your consumption of food to pre-packaged snacks such as granola bars, chips, nuts, pretzels, cookies, etc.
3. Foods such as pizza, burgers, fries, sandwiches, salads, fast food, etc. (meals) are not permitted.
4. Avoid snacks that disturb those around you (i.e. aromatic foods) or damage library materials.
5. Please dispose of any food and drink-related trash before you leave.
6. Please report any spills that may occur to library staff immediately.
7. Use of e-cigarettes is strictly prohibited.
Users violating this policy will be asked to remove the food and drink from the area. Unattended food and drink openly displayed in public areas may be confiscated and discarded. This policy will be reviewed annually to ensure that collections and other resources in the Navarro College libraries remain unaffected by food and drink in library buildings. This policy will be modified if it is not effective in protecting our collections and facilities.