Dancing For Our Stars, Navarro College Foundation’s annual fundraiser has sold out three weeks before the event, scheduled for Saturday, February 13, 2016 at the Cook Education Center. Based on the popular television show, Dancing for the Stars, this year’s evening of dance and friendly competition provides education benefits to students at Navarro College. Seven well-known couples in the community are the evening’s dancers and each have been trained by professionals who live in the area. The couples have been practicing for several weeks and will compete for the judges’ top prize. Fans can still support their favorite dancing star with a donation.
The all-star lineup features Corsicana notables from government, education, and business communities, and includes:
- Matt Branch, Otolaryngologist physician of Navarro Regional Hospital, and Cathy Branch, Board Member of YMCA, Corsicana Education Foundation, and local volunteer at various organizations;
- HM Davenport, Navarro County Judge, and Carole Davenport, Event Manager at Navarro College;
- Brad Cook, Board Member of the Corsicana and Navarro County Chamber of Commerce and Vice President of Corsicana Preservation Foundation, and Joanna Fritz, President and CEO of the Corsicana and Navarro County Chamber of Commerce;
- Jimmy Hale, building restoration expert and, Dustie Hale, full-time student;
- Michael Stewart, Chief Executive Officer of Navarro Regional Hospital, and Trisha Stewart, stay-at-home mother;
- Cliff Patterson and Benita Hawkins, owners of New Frontier Farm and Star Buck Carriage Service;
- Frank Means, Chiropractor of Corsicana Chiropractic Clinic and actor at Warehouse Living Arts Center (Arlis Struvie of the Greater Tuna), and Gary Douglas, Barber and actor at Warehouse Living Arts Center (Bertha Bumiller of the Greater Tuna).
To donate and/or vote for a couple visit the fundraising website at www.navarrocollege.edu/foundation/dfos.
A BIG Thanks to all of the Supporters of Dancing For Our Stars!
MEET OUR SPONSORS
Community National Bank & Trust
Dawson & Sodd, LLP
Winters Oil Partners LP
Centex Citizens Credit Union
Collin Street Bakery
Mr. & Mrs. Kyle Glicksman
Lone Star Appraisals
McKee Lumber & True Value Hardware
Navarro College President’s Cabinet
Navarro Regional Hospital
TLH Enterprises, Inc.
Mr. & Mrs. David VanBuskirk
Mr. & Mrs. Roy Veldman