The acronym “QEP” may soon dominate your ears and eyes at all Navarro College campuses.
The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is a carefully conceived and designed project focused on enhancing student learning. As a required part of re-accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the body that accredits Navarro College, the QEP is a long term commitment to enriching student learning.
Surveys, as well as specialized focus groups, are being completed throughout the Fall 2013 and the Spring 2014 semesters as these initial phases of the QEP seek to identify student needs. The committee expects to have a selection of narrowed topics identified by Navarro’s Professional Development Day on February 21 and select a topic for implementation soon after.
The QEP committee consists of the following members:
- Ms. Vicky Ferguson, Assistant Dean Humanities & Kinesiology, chair
- Ms. Amy Nicholson, Business Information Technology Professor (South), chair
- Mr. Guy Featherston, Dean of Midlothian Campus
- Ms. Margaret Moreno, Director of Student Recruiting
- Ms. Elaine Hand, Speech Professor
- Dr. Brenda Reed, Math Professor
- Ms. Christi Esquivel, Economics Professor
- Dr. Floretta Jones, Biology Professor (Waxahachie)
- Dr. Todd Kirk, Psychology Professor
- Dr. Virginia Grossman, Biology Professor (Midlothian)
- Ms. Beverly Pearson, English Professor
- Mr. Tim Kevil, Director of Libraries
- Dr. Anna Kantor, English Professor (South)
- Mr. Terry Peterman, Director of PASS
- Dr. Bruce Brazell, Planetarium Director / Professor
For more information, please contact Vicky Ferguson at (903) 875-7496 or Amy Nicholson at (254) 562-3848.