Here you will find all that you want to know about the Student Ambassador Leadership Program. From what the Student Ambassador Position is, to why people become student ambassadors, why they are important, what some of their responsibilities are, and what some of the 2013 – 2014 Student Ambassadors say about the program.
The Navarro College Ambassador program was created to showcase the best students that Navarro College has to offer. Formally the Dawg Diplomats, the organization’s name was changed in 2007. This select group of campus leaders is fun, hard-working, outgoing and Navarro College’s finest students focused on leaving a lasting impact on the college we all love. This prestigious group of students is hand-picked for their enthusiasm, dedication and passion for Navarro College.
2013 – 2014 Student Ambassadors
Student Ambassadors have many different responsibilities to Navarro College. Student Ambassadors conduct weekly campus tours and tours during Preview Days and other Admissions events. They communicate with prospective students and families. Student Ambassadors have to be able to adapt to situations quickly when dealing with people, and they give out their contact info to prospective students and families so that they can answer any questions they have. However, the most important responsibility of the Student Ambassadors is to have fun.
Want to be part of this high-profile and prestigious group? Check to see when the next application deadline is and make sure you meet the basic requirements to apply.
Meet the Ambassadors
|JESSICA SUSTAITA, 19, Corsicana High School
Freshman, majoring in General Studies to become a veterinarian.
Interesting Fact: Graduated in the top 10% of her graduating class.
"No one is friendlier than the Navarro College family."
|KARLA SOTELO, 19, Ferris High School
Freshman, majoring in General Studies.
Interesting Fact: Raised in Chihuahua, Mexico.
"Navarro is full of nice and open people who are always very willing to help you. I love it here!"
|PAULINE SOTELO, 18, Ferris High School
Freshman,majoring in Occupational Therapy Assistant.
Interesting Fact: Has an Arabian horse named Mona.
"Navarro College offers plenty of opportunities for students to be succcessful and prepares you to continue your education."
|TOWER WILSON, 19, Faith Family Academy (Waxahachie, TX)
Majoring in Agriculture.
Interesting Fact: Favorite pastime is working on old cars.
"Navarro College is so diverse, you will be so happy you chose to become a Bulldog!"
|COURTNEY BRICE, 20, Rockwall Heath High School
Sophmore, majoring in General Studies with intention of completing a degree in fashion design.
Interesting Fact: Makes her own clothes and loves to knit.
"Navarro College is a great transition from high school to college. I have found so many opportunities to get involved and leave a lasting impact."
|BRITTNEE RANSBERGER, 18, Teague High School
Freshman, majoring in Biology to become a chiropractor.
Interesting Fact: Crowned Miss Freestone County 2013.
"Navarro College Science Department is helping me reach my goal of becoming a doctor of chiropractic medication. It has truly been a wonderful experience."
|JAZSASUWON ROBINSON, 22, Faith Family Academy (Dallas, TX)
Sophomore, majoring in Early Childhood Education.
Interesting Fact: Loves to volunteer and spend much of her time helping out with non-profits around Dallas.
"I chose Navarro College for the home environment. The entire campus feels like a big family and my home away from home."
|JACK SOMMERFIELD, 19, Dallas Lutheran High School (Dallas, TX)
Freshman, majoring in Agriculture
Interesting Fact: Holds the record for largest striper fish (19lbs) ever caught at Lake Limestone in Groesbeck, TX.
"Navarro is solid. The campus is very social and a fun environment. Here you will find people from all over Texas, the U.S. and even international students."
|MCGUIRE PINDER, 21, St. John's College (Nassau, Bahamas)
Freshman, studying Pre-Medicine.
Interesting Fact: Has the ability to write with both left and right hands (ambidextrous).
"I chose Navarro College for the friendly welcoming environment. The people here are what makes Navarro College a wonderful place."
|SUMMER JONES, 19, Dallas Navarro High School (Geronimo, TX)
Sophomore, majoring in General Studies to become a lawyer.
Interesting Fact: Graduated from high school with 25 dual credit hours.
"I chose Navarro College because it is very affordable and has all kinds of fun activities for students to do while on campus. It's a great place."
- Available for campus tours most days: 10:00 a.m. and/or 2:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Fridays.
- Participate in College recruitment and marketing efforts.
- Ability to safely transport campus guests using the Student Recruiting motorized 6 and 8 seat golf carts.
- Assist with registration, Preview Days and other special events.
- Assist with administrative work in the Student Recruiting department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Student Recruiting office staff.
- Opportunity to network with leaders on campus and in the community.
- Official Navarro College Ambassador polo shirt and other NC apparel.
- A great resume builder!
- 3.0 GPA
- Current Navarro College student.
- Be in good standing with Navarro College.
- Current driver’s license.
- Ability to be employed by Navarro College.
- Strong communication skills and outgoing, enthusiastic personality.
- Weekly commitment of 7 hours in the Student Recruiting office including availability during tour times: 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m. on Friday.
Interviews for Fall 2014 Ambassadors will be conducted on August 21-22 (set up an interview by 5:00 p.m. on August 20).
The ambassador selection process is designed to ensure the Navarro College recruiting staff is finding the best and most enthusiastic ambassadors. The interview process is divided into four steps:
- Application: Submit a completed application by the deadline.
- Interview: Panel interview is conducted by the Recruiting Staff. Prospective Ambassador will be given a tour outline at the conclusion of the interview with specific instructions.
- Mixer: Prospective ambassadors will work with current ambassadors to complete a task or interaction.
- Tour: Prospective ambassadors will be asked to give an abbreviated campus tour.
Once all steps to the interview process are completed, a decision will be made and all selected ambassadors will be contacted via phone.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
You will not be able to save and return to your application later.
Please be sure to have these items ready to upload on the application:
(documents can be in Word or PDF)
- Two (2) reference letters (two separate documents)