Here you will find all that you want to know about the Student Ambassador Leadership Program. From what the Student Ambassador Position is, to why people become student ambassadors, why they are important, and what some of their responsibilities are.
The Navarro College Ambassador program was created to showcase the best students that Navarro College has to offer. Formally the Dawg Diplomats, the organization’s name was changed in 2007. This select group of campus leaders is fun, hard-working, outgoing and Navarro College’s finest students focused on leaving a lasting impact on the college we all love. This prestigious group of students is hand-picked for their enthusiasm, dedication and passion for Navarro College.
Student Ambassadors have many different responsibilities to Navarro College. Student Ambassadors conduct weekly campus tours and tours during Preview Days and other Admissions events. They communicate with prospective students and families. Student Ambassadors have to be able to adapt to situations quickly when dealing with people, and they give out their contact info to prospective students and families so that they can answer any questions they have. However, the most important responsibility of the Student Ambassadors is to have fun.
Want to be part of this high-profile and prestigious group? Check to see when the next application deadline is and make sure you meet the basic requirements to apply.
- Available for campus tours most days: 10:00 a.m. and/or 2:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Fridays.
- Participate in College recruitment and marketing efforts.
- Ability to safely transport campus guests using the Student Recruiting motorized 6 and 8 seat golf carts.
- Assist with registration, Preview Days and other special events.
- Assist with administrative work in the Student Recruiting department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Student Recruiting office staff.
- Opportunity to network with leaders on campus and in the community.
- Official Navarro College Ambassador polo shirt and other NC apparel.
- A great resume builder!
- 3.0 GPA
- Current Navarro College student.
- Be in good standing with Navarro College.
- Current driver’s license.
- Ability to be employed by Navarro College.
- Strong communication skills and outgoing, enthusiastic personality.
- Weekly commitment of 7 hours in the Student Recruiting office including availability during tour times: 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m. on Friday.
Interviews for Fall Semester Ambassadors will be conducted sometime in August. (Training will be during the first week of school from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
The ambassador selection process is designed to ensure the Navarro College recruiting staff is finding the best and most enthusiastic ambassadors. The interview process is divided into two steps:
- Application: Submit a completed application by the deadline.
- Interview: Panel interview is conducted by the Recruiting Staff. Prospective Ambassador will be given a 3-minute presentation at the end of the interview on a given topic.
Once all steps to the interview process are completed, a decision will be made and all selected ambassadors will be contacted via phone.
You will not be able to save and return to your application later.
Please be sure to have these items ready to upload on the application:
(documents can be in Word or PDF)
- Two (2) reference letters (two separate documents)
Complete an online Student Ambassador Application today!