New Resident Requirements
New Resident Requirements
- High School transcript (for first time students) showing a GPA of 1.75 or better on a 4-point scale OR
- College transcript (for ALL College transfers) showing a GPA of 2.0 or better on a 4-point scale or equivalent
- Essay of 250-300 words describing your educational goals and how you think the experience of living in on-campus housing can help reach those goals
- Navarro College Reference Form from your High School Administrator (for first time students only) or from your College Administrator (College transfers only)
- Proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccination (shot record)
- $230 refundable deposit*
- $10 non-refundable deposit*
- Pass a criminal background check
*We accept money orders, checks, and credit cards. If paybable by check, please include check signer‘s Driver’s License (DL) number, DL state, DL expiration date, date of birth and phone number.
**Submitting the above items DOES NOT guarantee placement in the Residence Life/Housing program at Navarro College.
Criminal History Record Standards
Criminal History findings that will be used to decline a Residence Life application:
Class B Misdemeanor Convictions including Deferred Adjudication and No contest:
(Class B or C Traffic Misdemeanors will not be considered as an offense that will be used to decline an application)
All offenses over one (1) year will not be considered a factor, if the case has been adjudicated.
Class A Misdemeanor Convictions including Deferred Adjudication and No contest:
All misdemeanor convictions considered as Class A by any state in the United States. (Exclusive of any traffic violation).
Deferred Adjudication and No contest
(Convictions of two (2) years or older, will not be considered as a current criminal conviction, if the applicant does not have any other Class B Misdemeanor or higher convictions since the date of the last Class A Misdemeanor).
All felony crime convictions.
(Convictions of three (3) years or older, will not be considered as a current criminal conviction, if the applicant does not have any other Class A or B Misdemeanor since the date of the last felony conviction).
All aggravated felony convictions that resulted in a death, aggravated assault, aggravated robbery, aggravated sexual assault or the delivery of a felony amount of narcotics will be cause to decline a Residence Life Application.
Note: No applicant, who is on Parole or Probation for the following offenses, will be considered for Residence Life:
- Attempted Murder
- Sexual Assault
- Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Robbery
- Causing Injury to a Child/Elderly or Disabled Person
- Deadly Conduct with a Firearm
- Possession/Selling of amounts (>200 grams) of illegal drugs
- Controlled Substance Dealer (Youth classified for felony-level drug manufacturing or delivery)
- Criminal Solicitation
- Indecency with a Child
- Conspiracy to commit any of these crimes
Residence Halls & Pricing
Apply for Housing
Room Assignments & Move In
Returning Residents only – Summer Intent Form
Returning Residents only – Intent/Refund Form
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Gibson Hall Student Center
3200 W. 7th Avenue
Corsicana, TX 75110
Phone: (903) 875-7541
Fax: (903) 875-7680
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
For Emergencies, please call:
RESIDENCE LIFE / HOUSING ADMINISTRATORS
Charles B. Betts, Director
(903) 875-7540 | (903) 654-4279
Stan Wong, Asst. Director
(903) 875-7631 | (903) 654-0018
Brett Manley, Asst. Director
(903) 875-7666 | (903) 467-4322