Tutorial services provide FREE individual or group assistance to students in a number of developmental and academic core courses. Well trained tutors on ALL Four Navarro Campuses are available to assist students primarily by scheduled appointments, depending on the student’s academic needs. It’s important to remember that ALL students are encouraged to participate by setting an appointment or are welcome on a walk-in basis.
For more information about Tutorial Service at Navarro College:
NOTE: In addition to services provided above, the federally funded TRIO Student Support Services program offers tutorial services. Please contact Hasim Jones, TRIO Tutorial Coordinator, for more information at (903) 875-7455 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must make an appointment in the Counseling Center or call Counseling at (972) 923-6458 to schedule an appointment
- You must also fill out Student Support Services paperwork
- You must log-in on your paperwork before each tutoring session
- Check in for your appointment in counseling
- Monday and Wednesday from 12 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Developmental Math and College Level Math:
- Mondays from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. & 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Thursdays from 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Walk-In Math tutoring (all levels, no appointment necessary):
- Teeter (Room B113) – Friday 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Underwood (Room A126) – Monday 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Stice (Room A126) – Tuesday 2:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.
- Tutorials – http://www.khanacademy.org/
- Math Functions – http://functions.wolfram.com
- Useful Math – http://mathworld.wolfram.com
- Online Writing Lab – http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/
- Guide to Grammar – http://grammar.ccc.connect.edu
- MLA / APA Format tips – http://www.noodletools.com
- Tips for Writing Essays – http://www1.aucegypt.edu/academic/writers/research.htm
Study Skills / Note Taking