Wireless access is offered to all current students, faculty and staff.
Wireless access is offered in all buildings on all of the main College campuses (Corsicana, Mexia, Midlothian, and Waxahachie) with the exception of the Computer Science Building in the Bain Center on the Corsicana campus. (Because of the prevalence of computer labs in the CSC building, it was determined to not provide wireless access at this time.)
How to Connect
- Your wireless equipped laptop or device must be set to obtain the IP address and DNS offerings automatically from NC DHCP services. This is the default on most devices unless specifically changed by the user. If you require more detailed instructions for configuring your DHCP settings, they can be found here – http://it.navarrocollege.edu/detailed.php.
- Move to an area on campus where wireless access is offered and turn your computer on.
- Open a Web browser and attempt to browse to any site. The TCCD wireless gateway will intercept the session and present the user with a login screen.
- Enter your login credentials in the User Name and Password fields. This information can be obtained in Blackboard by selecting the Students Only or Staff Only tab. For faculty and staff, this information is also maintained on the Faculty/Staff Intranet.
- After authentication, you will be able to browse the Internet.
- You are connecting to an unsecured network. Information sent over this wireless network connection is not encrypted and might be visible to other people.
- Security is only provided for your initial login.
- It is possible for someone to obtain information that is being transmitted by your computer.
- By logging in, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the security of your personal computer and the data that you are transmitting.