For more information, visit


If a position is found for employment on campus, off campus, or OPT, you MUST contact the International Student Advisor to learn what documentation is needed in order to accept the position and apply for your Social Security card.


In general, only noncitizens who have permission to work from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can apply for a Social Security number. We suggest you wait until you are in the United States for at least 10 days before you apply for a Social Security number.


Also, you should report to your school prior to applying for a number. Taking these actions will ensure that we can verify your immigration status with DHS. To apply for a Social Security number, complete an application for a Social Security card (Form SS-5) and show us original documents proving your:

1. Immigration status

2. Work eligibility

3. Age

4. Identity


Take your completed application and original documents to the local Social Security office. More information is available at

Navarro College
International Student Office

Waller Classroom Building, Room 119
3200 W. 7th Avenue
Corsicana, TX 75110

Main #: +1.903.875.7425

Toll Free: 800.628.2776, Ext. 7425


Monday – Friday

8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.