Tips for Stopping the Spread
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) suggest the following tips to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after
you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, even inside your home.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about two arms’ length) from other people.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Cover coughs and sneezes and immediately wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Be alert for the symptoms of COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
QUESTIONS ABOUT COVID-19?
If you have questions about NC’s reponse to COVID-19 that are not answered on this page or covered in our frequently asked questions, please submit them through this form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note, that we’re not in a position to answer scientific questions about the virus. Please visit the Centers for Disease Control for those questions.