Under the direction and supervision of the Academic Advisor/Tutoring Coordinator, peers tutors will provide one-on-one and small group tutoring to students.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend required training sessions
- Incorporate skills learned in training to daily practice with students
- Understand the curriculum and course requirements within their subject area, and teach in a manner to support it
- Provide one-on-one and small group tutoring to students, incorporating:
- Learning opportunities that address multiple learning styles
- Practices that address affective factors such as anxiety
- Study skills that empower the student to learn
- Technology such as computers and tablet PCs, with related software
- Be punctual and notify the supervisor of any delays or absences from work
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Students can only tutor in a course they have completed with a minimum grade of B or higher.
- Faculty Recommendation from an instructor in the subject area you are interested in tutoring in; or a professional Letter of Recommendation.
- Current Navarro College student.
- Tutoring experience.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Academic Advisor/Tutoring Coordinator – Waxahachie Campus
SALARY: $8.00 per hour / up to 10 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled