Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Physical Plant, the Maintenance Plumber is responsible for diagnosis and repair/replacement of various plumbing components such as faucets, mixing values, circulating pumps, water closets, urinals and water heaters in campus facilities including off-campus centers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, drainage, sprinkler, and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders.
- Repair dishwashers and kitchen equipment that incorporate gas and water consumption.
- Remove and replace lavatory fixtures and clear drain blockage.
- Obtain, store, safeguard and properly use equipment, materials, supplies, and tools.
- Keep record of work performed, materials used, and time spent on projects.
- Serve in lead worker capacity as designated by supervisor.
- Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support during absence or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated with light construction projects.
- Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the Facility Services Department.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in plumbing maintenance or construction field.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Ability to lift up to seventy (70) pounds.
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and ability.
- Journeyman Plumbers License.
- Vocational or Trade School training.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Thorough knowledge of the problems encountered in the repair and maintenance of plumbing and mechanical equipment in varied types of buildings and structures.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written references material.
- Proficient in the use and operation of computer systems used in the maintenance and operation of the physical plant.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, and equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to learn quickly from observations, and from oral and written directions.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Facilities
SALARY: Commensurate with Education and Experience (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled