The Purchasing Clerk is principally responsible for providing assistance to the Purchasing Agent of Navarro College processing purchase orders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes purchase requisitions: enter data on computer and issue purchase orders
- Solicits quotes from vendors when appropriate including state contracts via phone or internet.
- Faxes orders to vendors and others as appropriate.
- Answers telephone and email requests from employees and vendors.
- Assists Purchasing Agent with monthly p-card reconciliation report.
- Assists departments with purchasing problems, and questions.
- Assists Purchasing Agent with purchase order preparation, change orders, travel authorizations and vendor W9 correspondence.
- Communicates with vendors in relation to purchase order status (XOPOL report).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Agent or Comptroller.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree with Business emphasis.
- College hours in Business field.
- General office experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have excellent computer skills – testing required for proficiency in word processing, Excel, and basic typing skills. Position requires substantial data entry.
- Prior experience in company purchasing is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of data entry.
- Must have appropriate language skills, mathematical skills, and reasoning ability.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to plan and organize work and to function as a team player.
- Must be service-oriented with the ability to pay attention to details in a fast paced environment.
- Willing to work occasional weekends and evenings if called upon.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Agent
SALARY: $10.00 per hour / 19 hrs per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled