DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with appropriate College and business and industry individuals, primarily in Ellis County, to manage recruitment for all Navarro College programs with specific interest in Workforce Education programs (CTE).
- Coordinate primarily with CTE and Continuing Education to promote awareness and understanding of Navarro College offerings districtwide, with emphasis on Navarro College Ellis County campuses.
- Collaborate with deans/department chairs to create communication plans aimed at developing program awareness/interest to primarily prospective non-traditional students.
- Promotion of registration dates, class schedules and general Navarro College information to prospective, non-traditional students.
- Conduct information sessions on Navarro College programs on the Ellis County campuses. This would include hosting recruitment events to attract prospective non-traditional students to Navarro College.
- Assist as needed in all Navarro College Student Recruitment functions such as community fairs, business expos, etc.
- Develop relationships with local agencies to better promote NC programs to their clients.
- Keep accurate records of all students who express an interest in NC programs and track their progress through acceptance into programs. Conduct follow-up with students contacted at all recruitment efforts.
- Refer prospective students to appropriate areas that align with their specific needs.
- Manage data, generate and distribute recruitment reports.
- Assist with developing marketing materials.
- Develop relationships with local businesses to promote corporate training, continuing education and skills development grants.
- Other duties may be assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Associate’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) years relevant program experience.
- Knowledge of business and industry in the area.
- Experience working with a diverse population.
- Previous sales experience and or recruitment experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with community agencies and social services to identify recruitment opportunities with concentrated focus in Ellis County and targeted areas.
- Excellent time management skills required
- Knowledge of the Navarro College service area and southern Dallas County; familiarity with the different industries/businesses is highly preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including mostly evenings and weekends
- Ability to provide own reliable transportation
- Ability to work on a team with diverse individuals
- Self-starter and problem-solver
- Possess ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Bilingual a plus
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Recruitment
SALARY: $12.00 per hour / up to 19 hours per week.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled