Under supervisory direction, the Custodian I performs custodial services including general cleaning tasks and minor repairs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Power wash building entrances, walkways, and outdoor furniture.
- Makes minor repairs to fixtures, furniture and cleaning equipment.
- Dusts and polishes walls, furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Cleans, scrubs and polishes lavatories, fixtures and mirrors and replenishes lavatory supplies.
- Sweeps, mops, waxes and polishes floors.
- Empties waste baskets and receptacles.
- Maintains custodial equipment and supplies and keeps closet in proper order.
- Runs errands, and delivers packages, parts, and supplies.
- Performs related work as assigned by the Director of Facilities.
- Moves and arrange furniture and equipment.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Ability to read and write on a level in keeping with the duties of this classification.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Required to have a driver’s license valid in the State of Texas.
- Knowledge of the problems involved in doing general cleaning work.
- Knowledge of the general safety precautions to be observed.
- Knowledge of the proper use and minor adjustment of sweepers, vacuum cleaners, floor waxes and polishers, and other equipment.
- Knowledge of the problems encountered and the materials, tools, and procedures used in washing, waxing, vacuuming and polishing wood, tile, cement, linoleum and other floor and woodwork, furniture and fixtures.
- Ability to analyze cleaning problems, organize assigned cleaning work, and develop effective work methods.
- Ability to keep an assigned building, unit or area in a clean, sanitary and orderly condition.
- Ability to see that bathrooms, lavatories, and restrooms are kept in a clean, neat and sanitary condition and that towel and soap dispensers are kept filled.
- Ability to keep simple records.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Facilities
SALARY: $9.00 per hour / 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled