The Dual Credit Assistant will provide assistance to the Dual Credit program in Ellis County. This includes visiting area high schools, charter schools, and private schools to assist in the coordination of admissions and registration of all dual credit students. This position will also provide administrative support to the Director of Dual Credit and Dual Credit Staff in Ellis County.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain scheduling for dual credit events in our service area high schools.
- Assist in the collection of dual credit admissions and registration documents. This may include, but is not limited to distributing and collecting admissions and registration packets, entering applications, and collecting required information from students.
- Serve as the primary contact person to facilitate dual credit information and questions to the appropriate Dual Credit Coordinator.
- Assist students with Navarro College Web Tools.
- Serve as an academic advisor to dual credit students.
- Perform general clerical duties including answering telephones, typing, filing, scheduling, and communicating dual credit policies.
- Maintain various files, records, and reports.
- Operate computers for data input, word processing, and spreadsheets for program descriptions.
- Represent Dual Credit and attend meetings and conferences as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Dual Credit.
- Assist Dual Credit Coordinator’s in representing the college as “recruiter” of high school students.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School Diploma
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Associate’s degree
- One or more years of related experience, such as in a high school setting or college setting
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal and computer skills (e.g., testing software packages).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, college personnel and the public.
- Possess strong computer hardware and software skills to include word processing, database management, electronic spreadsheets, Internet, and other current software applications.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Effective and proven written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of admission policies, programs, and procedures.
- Dependable, resourceful, self-motivated and willing to assist in all operations.
- Ability to travel to off-campus centers.
- Flexibility and ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Dual Credit
SALARY: $10.00 per hour / 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled