The part-time LVN Lab Coordinator reports to the VN Program Coordinator on the Waxahachie Campus. The LVN Lab Coordinator assists with assigned duties related to the teaching and learning process in the clinical setting and the campus lab setting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setting up learning and/or check-off stations
- Checking off students in return demonstrations
- Maintaining LVN lab for instructional purposes
- Conducting skills practice sessions
- Assists students with remediation in meeting specific criteria
- Maintaining cleanliness and order within the lab area
- Ensures supplies, equipment and linen are available for teaching and student lab work
- Conducts clinical lab simulations
- Assists faculty with skills learning and validation stations
- Attends departmental meetings, if assigned
- Assists with student tutoring and skills practice – individualized and group sessions
- Participates in the selection of campus lab supplies and other lab acquisitions
- Maintains an orderly lab
- If needed, will monitor students in a clinical facility
- Performs other duties as assigned by the VN Program Director and/or faculty
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse in Texas
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited BSN Program
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Work effectively within a group or independently
- Student oriented
- Able to meet deadlines
- Willing to work within the philosophical framework of Navarro College and the VN Program
- Demonstrates effective and professional communication with students, College faculty and staff and individuals with whom they come in contact.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise required to function effectively and safely in the clinical setting.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: LVN Program Coordinator
SALARY: $20.00 per hour / 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled