The Colleague Application Specialist will be responsible for the processes and procedures of the Colleague ERP system used by the College for administrative purposes. This positon will work with all administrative departments on campus to ensure that the use of Colleague is following all best practices and college procedures. Will work closely with the Colleague Administrator, Application Manager and Colleague Programmer to deliver accurate data for decision making by the Leadership team. This position will be responsible for training sessions to ensure that all Colleague users understand the processes and that all are following the procedures. This position will have a thorough knowledge of the data structure and how the data flows from department to department within the College.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design new workflow methods for the Colleague ERP System.
- Provide training for all staff that use Colleague.
- Provide support and assistance with integration of third party tools. This includes secure transmission of data to third parties via SFTP, WINSCP, or LTI tools.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance, Colleague application system expertise, project management, database queries and scripting, and serve as an escalation resource for all Colleague Application needs.
- Monitor, assess, and report on application processing and resource utilization.
- Coordinate and execute upon approved adjustments and changes that increase performance and availability.
- Keep up with Ellucian Colleague updates.
- Submit help tickets to Ellucian to solve issues.
- Working with the Colleague Administrator provide application implementation, security analysis/design and implementation, definition and coordination of standards, project management, and technology research.
- Provide up-to-date system and application documentation.
- Provide assistance and support to the Colleague Administrator and Server Administrator with integrations and administration of operating systems on mission critical systems.
- When necessary, work in concert with Ellucian for problem resolution.
- Coordinate and communicate closely with management and service desk during all unplanned outages.
- Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records.
- Ability to develop and monitor progress of projects, and good organizational, project management, team building, and people skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School diploma.
- Experience with SQL/Oracle query language.
- Experience with business processes evaluation for workflow design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Experience with ERP – database structures.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, guidelines or regulations as they relate to IT and FERPA.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have project management, strong customer service and conflict de-escalation skills.
- Have a thorough understanding of how the Colleague data is used, stored and updated to best serve the College.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to facilitate problem-solving among administrative groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with administrative users, technical staff, and senior management.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work with a range of technical staff to develop joint solutions.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Provides support to all campus locations.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance and must be insurable by the College insurance as off campus travel may be required.
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
SALARY: $40,000. – $45,000. Commensurate with education and experience (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled