Under the general supervision of the Executive Director of Facilities, the Custodial Services Supervisor oversees the sanitation and cleaning of all campus buildings including off campus centers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assigns and instructs both college custodial employees and housekeeping contractors and supervises the performance of their work to ensure quality standards are being met.
- Plans, develops and implements appropriate schedules and working procedures.
- Inspects buildings for cleanliness, completed work and needed repairs.
- Prepares weekly status reports for all custodial tasks.
- Prepares bid specifications for the requisition of all custodial supplies and equipment.
- Assures that the college is in compliance with Occupation Safety and Health and other federal state and regulatory requirements related to housekeeping operations.
- Maintains current Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on all related custodial chemicals and supplies.
- Obtains, stores, safeguards, distributes and supervises the proper use of needed equipment, material and supplies, including off campus centers.
- Maintains college surplus property and executes annual sealed bid sale of such property.
- Moves furniture and media equipment for special activities on campus.
- Performs other related duties assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Four (4) years of experience in building cleaning and maintenance.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Vocational or trade school training.
- Prefer experience in an institution, college or similar multi-building complex.
- Will consider any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques and procedures, and of inventory control principles and methods.
- Skilled in the use of chemicals and supplies and in the operation of the equipment used to perform general housekeeping duties.
- Ability to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work projects.
- Ability to analyze housekeeping problems, organize assigned cleaning work, and develop effective work methods.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of occupational safety and health and federal and state regulations relating to housekeeping operations.
- Ability to prepare and issue work orders and see that work is properly completed.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Facilities
SALARY: $28,654.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled