The Graphic Designer will assist the Director of Marketing & Public Information in the graphic design and layout work in preparation of various internal and external marketing materials.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide comprehensive graphic design support for communications programs and projects.
- Work with the Director to research and storyboard concepts on major marketing projects.
- Work with the Director on overall art direction.
- Design all marketing materials from initial concept to final production.
- Help refine Navarro College’s brand and graphic identity standards and ensure that all communications are in compliance with these standards.
- Act as a liaison between internal and external communications groups (e.g., other departments, graphic designers, production assistants, vendors) on all creative projects. Attend meetings relevant to these projects.
- Coordinate the graphic design and printing of Navarro College’s publications under the direction of the Director.
- Prepare documents for printing, including specifications and work closely with printers to ensure high-quality results.
- Projects may include but are not limited to admissions marketing materials, catalogs, schedules, handbooks, brochures, print advertising, posters, newsletters, invitations, calendars, online advertising, billboards, social media graphics, website graphics, signage and other related materials.
- Work with the Director on specific timelines and deliverables.
- Work with the Director to manage the production calendar to ensure all deadlines are met and projects are assigned appropriately.
- Advise the Director of trends in advertising design.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the file structure of the shared Marketing server where all documents are stored.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of professional experience in the communications field.
- Will consider any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts or related field.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have excellent computer skills including a thorough knowledge of both Macintosh and IBM PCs and related software including expert knowledge of the following software applications: Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat) and Microsoft Office suite
- Must be proficient in using InDesign for layout purposes.
- Demonstrated skill in page layout software and publication design.
- Have a working knowledge of, and respect for, varied communications media, including online and print forms.
- Must have the ability to create visual materials using graphic design software.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to use a computer for extended periods of time to create work output.
- Professional experience working with editors, printers, graphic designers, writers, photographers and other vendors.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to work productively within and across departments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment, as well as time management and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and follow through with assignments.
- Must enjoy a challenge, be forward thinking and have the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ease and comfort working in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and with multicultural groups and audiences.
- Have the ability to employ organizational and planning skills while having multiple projects in process simultaneously.
- Must have knowledge of printing procedures and processes.
- Must display a strong work ethic and work well with other employees and work study students.
- Ability to draw free hand a plus.
- Experience in photography and videography a plus.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Public Information
SALARY: $30,000. – $35,000. Commensurate with Education and Experience (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled