The Head Basketball Coach is responsible to the Director of Athletics and responsible for administering a successful intercollegiate basketball program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coaching assignment includes head coaching responsibilities for intercollegiate basketball and serving as transfer facilitator.
- Responsible for the operation and management of the basketball program in accordance with Navarro College District, Region XIV and NJCAA rules, regulations, and policies.
- Teaching assignments may include health and fitness activity classes, and possibly exercise science lecture classes.
- Must be committed to meeting the educational goals of Navarro College’s students in an environment that promotes intellectual growth and develops human potential.
- Must be collegial and collaborative.
- Must demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, integrity, and respect when interacting with students, peers, classified employees, administration and the public.
- Must observe proper and appropriate channels of communication, enforce the policies and regulations of the college and strive to support and improve college programs.
- Teaching all classes as assigned or scheduled and maintaining contractually-defined office hours that are supportive of students.
- Active involvement in student recruitment, advising and retention is expected.
- Must be ethical, responsible, and adaptable.
- Must be willing to seek opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
- Must embrace the mission and objectives of Navarro College.
- Must have developed a passion to teach and coach others in the athletic and fitness fields.
- Must administer the departmental budget, including operating budget and scholarship budget.
- Other duties may include: scheduling, recruiting, practice planning/organizing, public relations, departmental fundraising and camps.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Physical Education, Athletic Administration, or related field.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all institutional, Region XIV and NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Five or more year’s college coaching experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds including sensitivity to their needs and concerns.
- Ability to teach physical education skills courses and/or basic health courses.
- Ability to prepare game schedules in addition to coordinating all practices, game plans, travel arrangements, etc.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics
SALARY: Commensurate with Education and Experience (This is an 11 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled