The part-time Office Assistant reports to Physical Plant Specialist and is responsible for maintaining work orders and providing excellent customer service when answering telephones and greeting individuals at the front counter of the Physical Plant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides courteous telephone assistance to faculty and staff.
- Maintain and log work request into the system.
- Provide prompt professional customer service, and accurate support to customers at the front counter.
- Communicate and distribute work request to the appropriate party.
- Perform a variety of moderate to complex clerical duties, including answering telephones, filing documents, data entry and managing database records.
- Perform work-related errands as requested, such as going to the bookstore and mail room.
- Provide assistance with fleet vehicle requests, including check-in and check-out.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in application software.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks by order of importance.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, be dependable, and maintain confidentiality.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance appropriate for the position.
- Must maintain an organized work space and assist in keeping the office area neat.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures.
- Ability to learn and remain knowledgeable about college facilities, departments and activities in order to provide accurate information and services.
- Flexible working hours are necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy work environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Physical Plant Specialist
SALARY: $9.00 per hour / 19 hours per week