Under the general supervision of the Executive Director of Facilities, the Maintenance Technician performs repairs or installations of varied types of mechanical and electrical systems in campus facilities including off-campus centers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, repairs, and maintains pumps, motors, HVAC systems, refrigeration systems, appliances, electrical equipment, electronic equipment, cables, phone and data lines, and lighting systems and plumbing.
- Obtains, stores, safeguards and properly uses equipment, materials, supplies, and tools.
- Keeps record of work performed, materials used, and time spent on projects.
- Serves in lead worker capacity as designated by supervisor.
- Makes daily inspections of varied types of mechanical systems to determine need of required maintenance or repairs.
- Performs other related duties assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Skilled technician in one or more of the following areas: Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, HVAC, or other related area.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Will consider any combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and ability.
- Vocational or trade school training.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Thorough knowledge of the problems encountered in the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment in varied types of buildings and structures.
- Must be knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas: Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, HVAC and/or other related field.
- Proficient in the use and operation of computer systems used in the maintenance and operation of the physical plant.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, and equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to learn quickly from observations, and from oral and written directions.
- Ability to lift up to seventy (70) pounds.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Facilities
SALARY: $41,276.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled