Adjunct faculty positions are part-time instructor positions. Navarro College keeps an open pool of adjunct applications for all teaching disciplines listed on our web site. The applications are made available to the Deans for review, and will be kept on file for one year.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for teaching a variety of undergraduate courses.
- Teaching assignment may include classes on the Corsicana, Waxahachie, Midlothian or Mexia Campuses. Please indicate campus preference on application.
- Summer classes may be available for assignment.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Academic transfer courses require a Master’s degree in the discipline being taught or a Master’s degree with 18 or more graduate level hours in the discipline being taught. (See Faculty Qualifying Credential Worksheet on Job Opportunities page).
- Non-transfer courses require a Bachelor’s degree in the discipline being taught or a Bachelor’s degree with 18 hours in the discipline being taught.
- Prior teaching experience highly preferred.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Campus / Department Dean
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled
CURRENT POSITION OPENINGS:
ADN Skills Lab Assistant
ADN Clinical Faculty
Business Information Technology
Integrated Reading & Writing
Licensed Vocational Nursing
Medical Coding Instructor