The Assistant Athletic Trainer works under the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer and supervises the care of student athletes competing in the College’s athletic program. The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the College’s comprehensive sports medicine program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prevention of athletic injuries and illnesses.
- Evaluation of athletic injuries.
- Treatment of athletic injuries.
- Providing counseling and education to student athletes.
- Athletic training administrative duties.
- Assist with coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for home and away competitions.
- Supervision, education and recruitment of student and graduate assistant athletic trainers
- Recordkeeping and documentation.
- Work with doctors and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student athletes.
- Organizes and coordinates the inventory of athletic training equipment and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization.
- Professional experience in collegiate athletics.
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) and/or licensed by the Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
- Familiarity with NJCAA governing rules
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Head Athletic Trainer
SALARY: $35,000.00 (This is a 10 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled