The part-time ADN Lab Assistant reports to the ADN Program Director on the Waxahachie Campus. The ADN Lab Assistant assists with assigned duties in the campus lab setting and the simulation lab.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with full-time faculty to develop and prepare skills lab activities with the teaching team.
- Prepares skills practice and skills validation schedules for faculty and students.
- Sets up and takes down lab for each activity, requesting assistance as needed from faculty.
- Maintains supplies for skills lab in general, and for each incoming student.
- Orders equipment and supplies, as directed by faculty coordinator.
- Maintains and stores skills lab equipment and supplies.
- Coordinates student accommodations in skills lab, if any.
- Coaches students and provides guidance during skills lab practice and lab activities.
- Assists full-time faculty with preparing for simulated experiences.
- Maintains cleanliness and order within the lab area (to include cleaning of equipment).
- Ensures supplies, equipment and linen are available for teaching and student lab work.
- Reports safety violations or unprofessional/uncivil conduct promptly to the appropriate faculty coordinator.
- Enforces rules associated with the Skills Lab (i.e. uniform requirements and cell phone policy).
- Attends departmental meetings, as assigned.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with those of a professional nurse.
- Demonstrate effective and professional communication with students, College faculty, staff, and individuals with whom they come in contact.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the ADN Program Director and/or faculty.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse in Texas.
- BSN degree or higher.
- Master’s degree.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Work effectively within a group or independently.
- Student centered.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Willing to work within the philosophical framework of Navarro College and the ADN Program.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise required to function effectively and safely in the Skills Lab setting.
- Promptly takes initiative to master new skills required by the ADN Program (i.e. simulation equipment and/or computer programs).
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Must be available to work up to 19 hours per week.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Maintains up-to-date health care provider immunizations and CPR.
- Must pass drug screens for cause and pass random drug screens and criminal history screens when initiated by ADN Program.
REPORTS TO: ADN Program Director
SALARY: Commensurate with Education and Experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled