The temporary One Stop Service Desk Operator reports to One Stop Service Desk Coordinator and is responsible for providing excellent customer service in answering telephones at the One Stop Service Desk.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides telephone assistance for students for questions related to: Financial Aid, Registrar & Admissions and Recruiting.
- Provides professional, courteous, prompt and accurate support and solutions to users.
- Refers students, faculty, staff and visitors to appropriate resources to provide assistance, such as Registrar, Financial Aid, Student Services, Housing, Campus Police, etc.
- Perform a variety of moderate to complex clerical duties, including searching Colleague for student information while providing exceptional customer service and accurate information to callers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of work related experience.
- Associate’s degree.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication, and organization skills required.
- Pass a background check; required due to the sensitivity of system access granted to perform duties.
- Ability to diagnose issues for resolution or escalation.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and work effectively with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks when handling multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, be dependable, and maintain confidentiality.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance appropriate to the position.
- Must be able to assist in keeping the office area neat and organized.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures, as well as One Stop Service Desk and departmental guidelines and operating procedure.
- Ability to learn and keep current on the college facilities, departments and activities in order to provide One Stop Service Desk services.
- Good working knowledge of the policies and procedures employed throughout the college.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Position works during peak times of registration.
REPORTS TO: One Stop Service Desk Coordinator
SALARY: $10.00 per hour / 19 hour per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled