The part-time Sales Associate reports directly to the Bookstore Coordinator on the Midlothian Campus. This position will assist the Bookstore Coordinator in the day to day operations of the College Store.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General retail duties.
- Check out customers.
- Assist customers in finding items in the store.
- Pull books for customers.
- Check in merchandise and deliveries.
- Clean and straighten displays.
- Take out trash.
- Make coffee.
- Restock deli/food items.
- Other duties as assigned by the Midlothian Campus Bookstore Coordinator, Assistant Director of College Stores for Ellis County and Ellis County Accounting Clerk.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous retail experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Bookstore Coordinator – Midlothian Campus
SALARY: $8.50 per hour / 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled