The purpose of this position is to assist the Senior Research Analyst in conducting research with appropriate analysis and reporting. The Research Analyst is responsible for designing, planning, and conducting institutional research for Navarro College to support data-informed decision making. This is accomplished by performing research methodology and statistical analysis including regularly reviewing and analyzing data to develop a student-centered academic schedule; conducting and processing surveying, including surveys to assess both College-wide and departmental goals and objectives; student satisfaction and engagement surveys (both in-house and national survey); and assessment of student success measures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses statistical and analytical software and Business Intelligence tools to identify trends and patterns in enrollment, retention, and graduation rates. Compares consistency of data against other data sources and establishes automated procedures for analysis and reporting.
- Translates data into clear, usable, actionable information to aid leadership with decision-making and strategic planning improvements.
- Develops and maintains a two-year academic schedule for courses, taking into consideration enrollment data, classroom availability, and policies and procedures. This includes reviewing and adjusting the academic schedule to ensure the College meets the needs of students for degree progression.
- Arranges and maintains project schedules and timelines. Develops and implements strategies to complete assignments within deadlines. Maintains detailed and accurate documentation of all projects.
- Reviews, updates, and submits data to external agencies such as THECB, IPEDS, and the National Student Clearinghouse. Responds to internal requests from College decision-makers.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with employees of all divisions throughout the college; functions effectively as a team player.
- Maintains familiarity with academic assessment and program evaluation.
- Commits to advancing knowledge through publications, tools, and innovative practices and applies knowledge to daily work.
- Actively engages in the College’s continuous improvement and student success initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year of progressively related experience, or equivalent experience/training.
- Experience in researching, developing and maintaining a student-centered academic schedule.
- Experience analyzing large data sets.
- Two years of experience with higher education data systems and enrollment management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of and skill in applying the concepts, methods, and techniques of systems analysis including information needs analysis, requirements analysis, and design alternative analysis.
- Knowledge of federal and state reporting requirements related to higher education institutional research.
- Knowledge of data extraction methods through programming and queries used in producing automated and ad hoc reports.
- Knowledge of College policies and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of qualitative research methods.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Working knowledge of general principles of statistics, management, and administrative methods.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics software (SPSS, R, Stata and/or SAS).
- Advanced knowledge of report writing techniques and skill in producing accurate and user-friendly data reports.
- Ability to develop and generate tables and graphs to enhance data presentation and reporting.
- Ability to think creatively and develop creative solutions to management information systems.
- Ability to gather, interpret, and analyze data concerning a variety of issues and trends.
- Ability to assist other employees in technical and procedural activities.
- Ability to quickly learn new programming tools and methods.
- Strong self-motivation, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and relate to a diverse population in a multicultural environment.
- Must maintain quality customer service skills.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Senior Research Analyst
SALARY: $40,000. – $45,000. (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled