The Recruiter position is responsible for the generation of new student enrollment to the Navarro College district. This high-profile, critical position is responsible for internal and external recruitment activities to include, but are not limited to: stakeholder visits, campus tours, administering of admissions related workshops, coordination and execution of recruitment activities and events, and the practicing of college admissions/recruitment best practices. This position reports directly to the Director of Student Recruitment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel is required.
- Routinely conduct recruitment visits to high schools, organizations, industry partners, and other partners as a primary representative of Navarro College.
- Ability to effectively administer information and discuss Navarro College enrollment processes including but not limited to admissions practices, registration information, knowledge of Navarro College programs and offerings and Navarro College history to those served by Navarro College.
- Coordinate with stakeholders in the promotion of campus tours, recruitment events and open houses districtwide.
- Stay adequately informed on campus services (admissions, financial aid, testing, and program requirements) available to new or prospective students.
- Maintains Colleague and other databases relevant to the prospective student follow-up processes.
- Compile internal and external statistical reports on matter related to monthly engagement goals and semester enrollment goals. Submit weekly individual recruitment activity reports.
- Plans, executes, and/or assists in the coordination and execution of individual and group tours on campus districtwide.
- Assists as assigned with Navarro College, Navarro College Foundation and Caston Foundation scholarships to include promotion, workshops, technical support and awarding.
- Stays updated on best practices in college admissions recruitment and offers innovative approaches.
- Implement follow-up programs for those students contacted during the fall and early spring to complete admissions process and register for classes.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in higher education, student recruitment, college admissions or similar.
- Previous recruiting, sales and/or communications experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be a team player.
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter.
- Must demonstrate a student centered philosophy and an enthusiastic, outgoing personality.
- Must be able to effectively speak in public to various audiences.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Ability to work effectively with college faculty, staff, administration, students and the community.
- Must provide own reliable transportation and good driving record; mileage reimbursed.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and priorities.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment, decision-making skills, ability to prioritize, plan ahead, and anticipate potential problem situations and resolutions.
- Knowledge of higher education and student recruitment practices, academic policies and procedure.
- Computer fluency, including administrative software, reporting tools and communication software.
- Demonstrate professionalism by approaching others in a tactful manner, react well under pressure, treat others with respect and consideration.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy, fast-paced working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Occasional required work hours include early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and be insurable by Navarro College auto insurance policy.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Recruiting
SALARY: $32,000. (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled