Performs a variety of moderate to complex secretarial and clerical duties in the efficient operation of an administrative or academic capacity of the college.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides secretarial services, as needed, such as data entry, filing, copying, answering phones and questions of walk-in visitors pertaining to Student Housing.
- Operates the telephone system as necessary, along with other routine business office machines.
- Assists, when needed, with the ordering of office supplies, forms, equipment and help to maintain an adequate inventory.
- Assists with the coordinated effort of processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Demonstrates the technical skills necessary to use a word processor to perform typing tasks including keeping data in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Provides clerical support and assistance to help ensure the efficiency of regular business operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School diploma.
- Will consider any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Administrative and/or office experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficient in word processing abilities, good typing and keyboarding skills and basic computer literacy skills.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret college regulations and policies and to apply specific situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators and staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form, especially with the faculty and students.
- Thorough knowledge of the college policies and procedures and the ability to use that information in responding to various situations.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Residence Life
SALARY: $9.00 per hour / up to 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled