The Financial Aid Success Coach is responsible to the Director of Financial Aid. The Financial Aid Success Coach acts as an advocate for families as they navigate the world of financial aid. The goals for this position are to help take the stress and confusion out of the process and help families maximize their financial aid eligibility. This individual assists in all facets of financial aid programs; performs verification of federal and state applications, assists with the student loan program. In addition, the individual in this position will also ensure that an inviting and pleasing business environment exists in the financial aid office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to students and parents through the college experience from applying for admissions, advising, tutorial guidance, housing questions, paying the bill, on campus events, graduation, repaying student loans and any other opportunities that may arise.
- Counsel students and parents concerning the total cost of college and help guide them to resources available for assistance.
- Evaluates and determines the financial need of students applying for aid.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using the Colleague Software System, ImageNow, Dynamic Forms, NSLDS, COD, FAA Access to CPS.
- Develops in depth expertise of all financial aid processes.
- Assists the Director in verifying and completing student files.
- Becomes and remains familiar with the rules and regulations of all state and federal programs and ensures that the guidelines are followed.
- Prepares and makes presentations regarding Financial Aid at community events.
- Assists in the overall operation of the Student Financial Aid Office.
- Provides and supports strong customer-oriented strategies in the Financial Aid office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be service-oriented with the ability to pay attention to details in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage daily tasks with minimum supervision.
- Excellent computer skills with a willingness to learn more.
- Must have a history of teamwork and customer service.
- Ability to communicate orally in both English and Spanish is preferred, and ability to write effectively.
- Must possess a student-centered philosophy while effectively working with students, parents, administrators, staff and other diverse community groups.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Valid Texas driver’s license required.
- Reliable transportation required for traveling to area high schools, Mexia Campus, Waxahachie Campus and the Midlothian Campus as needed.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Financial Aid
SALARY: $35,000.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled