The Instructional Support Specialist to the Dean of Online Instruction performs a variety of duties in the efficient operation of an administrative or academic support capacity of Navarro College’s Online Instruction Program and Faculty IDEA (Innovation, Development, Engagement and Access) Center. This position will assist in the coordination and delivery of routine office and business management services and assist the Dean with all operations related to the organization, scheduling, promotion, and set-up of events, meetings, and professional development opportunities sponsored by the Office of Online Instruction and Faculty IDEA Center.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of duties in the efficient operation of an administrative or academic support capacity of Navarro College’s Online Instruction Program and Faculty IDEA Center.
- Assists in the operation of the Office of Online Instruction involving the greeting of students, visitors, and responding to a wide variety of inquiries.
- Provides office support services, as needed, with matters including the typing of correspondence, taking minutes during meetings, submitting purchase requisitions, contracts, and an array of college forms and documents.
- Responsible for office phones and routing calls to appropriate college departments.
- Assists, when needed, with the ordering of office supplies, forms, and equipment, and help to maintain an adequate inventory.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of official class rolls received from the Office of the Registrar.
- Provides support assistance with the submission of travel requests, reservations for transportation and/or lodging and reimbursement forms.
- Assists with the coordinated effort of processing incoming and outgoing mail and office correspondence.
- Maintains the calendar and events schedule for the Office of Online Instruction and Faculty IDEA Center, including booking of lab and conference rooms for workshops and meetings.
- Provides clerical support and assistance to help ensure the efficiency of regular business operations.
- Assists with training workshops as needed.
- Assists with the preparation, distribution, and collection of faculty contracts and teaching agreements.
- Assists with department budget.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ office or administrative experience.
- Will consider any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Associate’s Degree
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrates technical skills necessary to use a computer to perform typing tasks including reports, contracts, meeting minutes, schedules, proposals, and statistical reports which may require complex tabulation and statistical tables.
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment with numerous distractions while maintaining a professional, service-oriented disposition.
- Ability to make sound judgements regarding work and have regular attendance.
- Must be able to walk, stand, and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- May be required to push, pull, bend, lift light to moderate objects, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Will be expected to assist with some College events, including Commencement, Convocation, etc.
REPORTS TO: Dean of Online Instruction
SALARY: $22,376. (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled