Under the general supervision of the Executive Director of Facilities, the Maintenance Worker performs maintenance, construction, repair or mechanical adjustment work involved in varied types of buildings, building facilities and building utilities and may serve in a lead worker capacity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairs and maintains walls, ceilings ,floors, interior and exterior brick work, tile floors, drains, cement and concrete floors, sidewalks, steps, foundations, and other types of masonry, plaster and stonework.
- Performs repair and maintenance of water, drainage, waste, and gas lines, toilet bowls, washbasins and urinals, radiators, refrigerators, laundry machines, and other types of plumbing and steam fitting fixtures, fittings, appliances and machinery.
- Works in the repair and maintenance of buildings, office furniture, screens, storm sashes, frames, windows, ceilings, partitions, and other types of carpentry work.
- Maintains college key inventory and control.
- Installs, repairs and maintains all types of flooring including carpet, VCT and ceramic tile.
- Installs, repairs and maintains cables, wiring, motors, generators, pumps, refrigerators, radios, sound equipment, telephone lines, oil burners, and other types of electrical equipment, appliance fixtures, machinery and circuits, repairs or replaces roofs, gutters and drain pipes.
- Serves in a lead worker capacity as designated by supervisor.
- Installs and repairs locks, hinges, door thresholds and door openers.
- Oversees the service and maintenance of college vehicles.
- Obtains, stores, safeguards and properly uses equipment, materials, supplies and tools. Keeps record of work performed, materials used, and time spent on projects.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Basic knowledge of the procedures, methods, equipment and supplies used in the maintenance of buildings, fixtures, appliances, furnishings and fittings.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to do the work involved in painting, staining and varnishing varied types of surfaces.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to repair and maintain cement, tile, brick as well as ceilings, foundations, sidewalks, and steps.
- Basic knowledge of and ability in the maintenance and repair of plumbing fixtures, water, drainage, waste and gas lines.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to do carpentry work to include repair and new construction.
- Basic knowledge and ability to install and repair residential and commercial flooring materials.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to install, repair and maintain cables, wiring, motors and various types of electrical fixtures.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to learn quickly from observation, from oral and written explanations and from demonstrations.
- Ability to perform welding and/or braising operations in repairing furniture and equipment.
- Ability to analyze simple maintenance and repair problems, organize assigned work and develop effective work methods.
- Ability to give written and/or oral directions to helpers engaged in the work and supervises the performance of the work.
- Ability to learn to use safely the equipment, tools, materials and supplies used in painting, roofing, plastering, masonry, electrical, plumbing and other skilled crafts.
- Ability to requisition, store, record, safeguard and properly use equipment, materials, supplies, and tools.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to lift up to seventy (70) pounds.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Facilities
SALARY: $30,148.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled