The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of moderate to complex secretarial and clerical duties in the efficient operation of an administrative or academic capacity of the college.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of moderate to complex secretarial and clerical duties in the efficient operation of an administrative or academic capacity of the college.
- Assists in the operation of the Science, Kinesiology & Developmental Studies departments, involving the greeting of students and visitors and responding to a wide variety of inquiries.
- Provides secretarial services, as needed, with matters including the typing of correspondence, purchase requisitions, contracts, and an array of college forms and documents.
- Coordinates curriculum materials for all adjunct instructors.
- Operates the telephone system as necessary, along with other routine business office machines.
- Assists, when needed, with the ordering of office supplies, forms, equipment and help to maintain an adequate inventory.
- Assists with preparation and distribution of class registration and class rolls.
- Provides support assistance with the submission of travel requests, reservations for transportation and/or lodging and reimbursement forms.
- Assists with the coordinated effort of processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Demonstrates the technical skills necessary to use a word processor to perform typing tasks including manuscripts, reports, contracts, minutes, schedules, proposals and statistical reports which may require complex tabulation and statistical tables.
- Provides clerical support and assistance to help ensure the efficiency of regular business operations.
- Distributes departmental syllabi to the faculty and adjuncts and maintains master files.
- Coordinate classroom equipment and faculty supplies.
- Assists with training workshops for adjuncts.
- Assists with distribution and return of adjunct contracts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree
- Two (2) years office or administrative experience
- Will consider any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides required knowledge, skills and abilities
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Skilled in Excel, word processing abilities, PowerPoint, typing and keyboarding and basic computer literacy.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret college regulations and policies and to apply specific situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators and staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form, especially with the faculty and students.
- Thorough knowledge of the college policies and procedures and the ability to use that information in responding to various situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Dean of Science, Kinesiology and Developmental Studies
SALARY: $22,376.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled