Reporting to the Enrollment Services Manager, the Administrative Assistant – Enrollment Services will be responsible for carrying out the proper functions and duties necessary to provide the highest quality customer service to the Navarro College community.
This position will provide comprehensive student enrollment and business services support to the Navarro College district. A blended position accountable for duties and responsibilities within the areas of enrollment services to credit and non-credit students and business services functions of the enrollment services Once Stop Center on the Midlothian Campus. Assists students with any enrollment process information that is needed. Provides a one-stop help to students with regards to admissions, enrollment, cashiering, financial aid and academic advising. Provides advisement to students regarding TSI (Texas Success Initiative), probation and suspension status. Advises, investigates, problem-solves and resolves questions across the enrollment pathway in multifaceted activities associated with prospective and current students in areas of Enrollment Services including Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, Records, Retention, Graduation as well as other student support services such as Advising, Orientation, etc. across all campus locations. Contacts student advisors, colleges or other college departments to clarify situations as necessary; intercede and/or advocate on the student’s behalf. Maintains all relevant record keeping and tracking. Assists students accessing academic skills, interpreting assessment results, and course selection based upon those results as needed. Provides students with a variety of information resources, i.e. courses, programs, career options, degree plan initiatives and career services. Responsible for various administrative functions and adhering to District policies and procedures. Responsible for processing applications and transcripts for enrollment and verifies for completeness and accuracy, screens students for eligibility. Promotes a healthy community relationship with school districts, community leaders and residents.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for duties related to admissions and records, including but not limited to, the data entry of applications, transcripts and other college documents as necessary.
- Responsible for duties related to the business office, including but not limited to, maintaining cash registrar, receiving tuition payments, reconciling daily cash receipts and completing daily reports and bank deposit statements as needed.
- Provides financial aid student support as needed.
- Assists with business office needs as they pertain to purchasing, office machine management, payment plans, Beau Card management, etc.
- ID and parking pass management.
- Facility support as needed.
- Answer multi-line phone system and direct calls throughout the entire campus.
- Refer students to appropriate agencies as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the College Administration.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Associate’s Degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a related office setting.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience working in a college setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship, communication, organizational and promotional skills required.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college philosophy.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals coupled with interaction with community leaders, city, county and school officials, administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to utilize computer technology to access information, maintain records, generate reports and effectively communicate.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task with handling multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and the ability to function as a team player.
- Daily working hours will be set in a joint effort between supervisors and other staff members to provide complete coverage of the office for all open hours.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Enrollment Services Manager
SALARY: $22,376.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled