The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Vice President of Finance and Administration for Navarro College in carrying out the functions and responsibilities of that office by performing and coordinating high-level administrative support services. Such services involve answering correspondence, reviewing mail, providing information to personnel, and performing advanced administrative support duties. The Executive Administrative Assistant works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares correspondence with accuracy and with a keen sense for details.
- Serves as a communications link to the Vice President of Finance and Administration.
- Types and edits correspondence, letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Interviews callers, answers questions and provides complex information; schedules and/or coordinates travel.
- Assists in preparing materials for monthly Board of Trustees meetings.
- Reviews incoming mail and routes mail not requiring the Vice President’s attention to proper officials.
- Distributes reports, forms, documents and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Maintains contacts for the Vice President of Finance and Administration with public and private executives and other officials.
- Maintains the Vice President’s calendar.
- Keeps informed of new and revised policy statements, regulations, directives and other communications, and develops plans and procedures for implementation of such communications.
- Assists the Vice President of Finance and Administration with the Navarro College Retirement program, Board of Trustee elections, open records requests, college insurance issues and the Navarro College budget.
- May respond to correspondence not requiring attention of the Vice President of Finance and Administration.
- Frequently assists the Vice President of Finance and Administration in conducting legal and financial research analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Finance and Administration.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Associates degree.
- Will consider any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and ability.
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Thorough knowledge of office technology and business technology, equipment and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office management principles, procedures and techniques and their adaptation.
- Be service-oriented with the ability to pay attention to details in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to greet visitors to the office of the Vice President of Finance and Administration in a professional manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must have excellent computer skills, and the ability to use automated equipment and software.
- Ability to acquire wide knowledge of college and department organizations and programs.
- Good keyboarding skills required and ability to perform difficult data entry duties.
- Ability to speak and write effectively and to analyze, edit, review and interpret complex material.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance and Administration
SALARY: $31,964.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled