Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the Cashier is responsible for receipting in all funds received by the college with primary emphasis on student accounts receivable. The cashier also plays a major role in billing student accounts receivable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters all payments received into the computer.
- Receives and verifies all accounts receivable billings and receipts.
- Reconciles cash till daily and may assist with preparing bank deposits.
- Provides counter service to all walk up customers.
- Processes and balances credit card payments.
- Assists with all student account billings.
- Processes refunds for tuition, fees and dormitory deposits.
- Responds to questions concerning student accounts receivable.
- Distributes financial aid checks and work study payroll checks to students.
- Assists with Housing Check-in process.
- Posts and collects dorm fines.
- Assists with Beau Card issues and questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years related work experience.
- Experience as a Cashier.
- Previous experience in a college environment.
- Experience with Colleague computer software.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to handle large sums of money accurately.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding and knowledge of college policies and procedures and the ability to apply that information to a variety of situations.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with all facets of the college community.
- Ability to plan and organize work and to function as a team player.
- Present a professional appearance in the work place.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
SALARY: $22,376.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled