The Dual Credit Coordinator will oversee the dual credit program for the South Campus (Freestone, Limestone and Leon Counties). This includes visiting area high schools, charter schools, and private schools to coordinate the admissions and registration of all dual credit students. When not attending to dual credit matters, the Dual Credit Coordinator will work with South Campus academic advisors to provide admissions and registration services to other South Campus students.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visit area high schools to meet with counselors, students, and parents about the dual credit and dual credit programs. Some evening and weekend presentations may be required.
- Coordinate the admissions process and registration of all South Campus dual credit students. This may include, but is not limited to distributing and collecting admissions and registration packets, entering applications, and collecting required information from students.
- Serve as the primary contact person for all dual credit information and questions for the South Campus.
- Verify accuracy of rosters with high school counselors and dual credit instructors.
- Assist in the collection of tuition from dual credit students.
- Report grades (as needed) to area high schools.
- Create dual credit packets and materials for distribution.
- Work closely with Deans, Counselors, School Relations Officers, the Director of Career Center and Tech Prep, the Director of Testing Centers, and the Registrar’s Office to ensure that consistent and correct procedures are followed with respect to dual credit.
- Serve as an advisor to other South Campus students as needed.
- Perform general clerical duties including answering telephones, typing, filing, scheduling, and communicating dual credit policies to advising.
- Maintain various files, records, and reports.
- Train and provide work direction to student assistants, as appropriate.
- Perform regular inventory.
- Operate computers for data input, word processing, and spreadsheets for program descriptions.
- Represent Dual Credit and attend meetings and conferences as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Campus Dean.
- Keep current on changing policies, rules and legislation affecting dual credit.
- Coordinate course offerings between college administration and faculty while simultaneously matching the desires of ISDs for dual credit classes.
- Represent the college as “recruiter” of high school students.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Associate’s degree
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree
- One or more years of related experience, such as in a high school setting or college setting
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal and computer skills (e.g., testing software packages).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, college personnel and the public.
- Possess strong computer hardware and software skills to include word processing, database management, electronic spreadsheets, Internet, and other current software applications.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Effective and proven written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of admission policies, programs, and procedures.
- Dependable, resourceful, self-motivated and willing to assist in all operations.
- Ability to travel to off-campus centers.
- Flexibility and ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Dual Credit
SALARY: $36,000.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled