Reporting to the Dean of Dual Credit, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing support for faculty needs and administrative support for the dual credit area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs clerical, secretarial and administrative tasks for the Dean of Dual Credit and the Director of Dual Credit.
- Develops and maintains efficient record-keeping and filing systems.
- Responsible for answering and facilitating all dual credit phone calls.
- Arranges and schedules meetings with High School Administrators, training sessions with dual credit faculty, and information sessions for dual credit students and parents.
- Schedules all student meetings with the Dean of Dual Credit, including student suspension hearings.
- Responsible for distributing and collecting class rosters, grade books, grade rosters and syllabi.
- Composes informative memos and distributes via faculty mailbox or e-mail.
- Responsible for recording dual credit faculty absences and informing the appropriate high school contact.
- Supports dual credit faculty and students in being successful with Self-Service and Canvas.
- Maintains an accurate record of dual credit faculty contact information for administration and students.
- Keeps current information on each school for the current academic year; such as ISD academic calendar, bell schedules, etc.
- Responds to maintenance problems reported by dual credit faculty.
- Coordinates equipment and supply needs of dual credit faculty.
- Orders desk copies of textbooks in a timely manner.
- Maintains a current dual credit service area contact list.
- Assist as needed with Human Resources duties to employ adjunct dual credit faculty.
- Communicates effectively with dual credit faculty, administration and students.
- Communicates with dual credit faculty to meet registrar deadlines for grade input.
- Assist front office during registration.
- Provides telephone support and administrative support for other administrators as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the College Administration.
- Assists in data collection and reporting of data for program review.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Associates Degree.
- Will consider any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in clerical position.
- Previous school and/or college work experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to utilize computer technology to access information, maintain records, generate reports and effectively communicate.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point with sufficient keyboarding skills to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments and organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship, communication and organizational skills required.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college philosophy.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly ethical with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- College Administration office that require a professional appearance and demeanor.
REPORTS TO: Dean of Dual Credit
SALARY: $22,376.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled