The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of moderate to complex administrative and clerical duties in the efficient operation of an administrative or academic capacity of the college. The Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Director of Workforce & Continuing Education at Navarro College and will be located on the Waxahachie Campus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of difficult clerical duties with a high level of responsibility in the efficient operation of the administrative and business and technical unit of the college involving contact with faculty, staff, students, and the general public while frequently exercising independent judgment.
- Demonstrates the technical skills necessary to use a computer and various software programs to perform typing tasks including but not limited to reports, contracts, minutes, proposals, and spreadsheets.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Tracks and ensures that office supplies are purchased and available.
- Maintains files on the department copier and stays in contact with field technician for service and updates.
- Coordinates and processes new budget requests and monitors expense vouchers based upon budget allocations.
- Maintains records, files, and updates information relating to activities within the office.
- Communicates with faculty, staff, students, and public both in person and on the telephone in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Build and schedule courses for grants and maintain grant records and database.
- Prepare invoices for continuing education training and grants.
- Makes transportation and lodging reservations for professional travel and completes and submits all related forms.
- Attends Workforce and Continuing Education programs and takes and transcribes minutes when necessary.
- Become proficient in using Colleague.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Workforce & Continuing Education.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Graduation from high school or equivalency.
- Associate’s degree
- Two (2) years office or administrative experience.
- Will consider any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Office software programs, good keyboarding skills, and computer literacy skills.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret college regulations and policies and apply to specific situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of office technology, equipment, and procedures.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Workforce & Continuing Education
SALARY: $22,376.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled