This is a grant funded position and continuation is dependent upon availability of funds.
The Enrollment & Recruitment Assistant position is responsible for the generation of new student enrollment to the Navarro College Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) Program. This high-profile, critical position is responsible for internal and external recruitment activities to include, but are not limited to: stakeholder visits, campus tours, administering of admissions related workshops, coordination and execution of recruitment activities and events, and the intake of phone enrollments. This position reports directly to the Director of Adult Education.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel is required.
- Routinely conduct recruitment visits to community events, organizations, industry partners, and other partners as a primary representative of Adult Education and Literacy.
- Ability to effectively administer information and discuss AEL enrollment processes including but not limited to intake practices, orientation information, knowledge of all AEL programs and offerings.
- Coordinate with community members and school districts in the promotion of recruitment events and open houses throughout the AEL service area.
- Stay adequately informed on program services available to new or prospective students.
- Compile internal and external statistical reports on matter related to monthly engagement goals and quarterly enrollment goals. Submit weekly individual intake and orientation activity reports.
- Plans, executes, and/or assists in the coordination and execution of individual and group orientations.
- Stays updated on best practices in recruitment and offers innovative approaches.
- Implement follow-up activities for those individuals that signed up for orientation but did not complete orientation process and register for classes.
- Register students for Bi-weekly Orientations as contact office for intake.
- Organize and maintain student information of those students registered for Bi-weekly Orientations.
- Communicate with students to assign monthly class entry.
- Organize and maintain student information for registration through monthly class intake.
- Create student AEL ID numbers as needed.
- Other office duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in higher education, student recruitment or similar.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Previous recruiting, sales and/or communications experience.
- Previous office experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be a team player.
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter.
- Must demonstrate a student centered philosophy and an enthusiastic, outgoing personality.
- Must be able to effectively speak in public to various audiences.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Ability to work effectively with college faculty, staff, administration, students and the community.
- Must provide own reliable transportation and good driving record; mileage reimbursed.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and priorities.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment, decision-making skills, ability to prioritize, plan ahead, and anticipate potential problem situations and resolutions.
- Knowledge of AEL and student recruitment practices, Navarro College policies and procedure.
- Computer fluency, including administrative software, reporting tools and communication software.
- Demonstrate professionalism by approaching others in a tactful manner, react well under pressure, treat others with respect and consideration.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy, fast-paced working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Occasional required work hours include early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and be insurable by Navarro College auto insurance policy.
REPORTS TO: Director of Adult Education
SALARY: $23,421. (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled