The Head Athletic Trainer works under the supervision of the Director of Athletics and supervises the care of student athletes competing in the College’s athletic program. The Head Athletic Trainer is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the College’s comprehensive sports medicine program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts evaluations, treatments and rehabilitation of all athletic injuries.
- Documents all injuries and emergency situations, including the filing of incident reports.
- Is available for event coverage starting one hour before all home varsity contests and concluding one hour after the contest is completed.
- Is available for consultation with coaches and players.
- Arranges appointments with team physicians when and if needed.
- Assumes responsibility for budgeting and ordering supplies, as well as maintain the supply inventory.
- Ensures all athletes’ records are in order and up to date.
- Assumes responsibility of keeping a clean and safe athletic training room.
- Keeps coaches informed of all paperwork and injury status of athletes.
- Assumes responsibility for the recruitment, scheduling and supervision of student trainers.
- Is required to teach one three-hour lecture class per semester.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization with professional experience in collegiate athletics.
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) and/or licensed by the Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers.
- Familiarity with NJCAA governing rules.
- Master’s Degree.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to maintain order and discipline.
- Must be able to pay attention to details.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics
SALARY: Commensurate with Education & Experience (This is an 11 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled