The Recruiter is a high-profile position, responsible to the Director of Student Recruiting for new student enrollment to the Navarro College district. This position is responsible for outside and/or inside recruitment activities to include, but are not limited to: outside visits, on-campus tours and visits district-wide, the promotion of college admissions processes and use of recruitment best practices. This will include the development and execution of prospective student follow-up, coordination of recruitment special events & programs such as open houses and marketing strategies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel is required.
- Routinely conduct recruitment visits to targeted partners as a primary representative of Navarro College.
- Ability to administer information and discuss Navarro College enrollment processes including but not limited to admissions practices, registration information, knowledge of Navarro College programs and offerings, Navarro College history districtwide.
- Coordinate the promotion of campus tours, recruitment events and open houses / recruitment activities districtwide.
- Stay adequately informed on campus services (admissions, financial aid, testing, and program requirements) available to new or prospective students.
- Maintains databases relevant to the prospective student follow-up processes.
- Compile internal and external statistical reports on matter related to monthly engagement goals and semester enrollment goals. Submit weekly individual recruitment activity reports.
- Plans, executes, and/or assists in the coordination and execution of all tours and visits districtwide.
- Assists as assigned with Navarro College, Navarro College Foundation and Caston Foundation scholarships to include promotion, workshops, technical support and awarding.
- Stays updated on best practices in college admissions recruitment and offers innovative approaches.
- Implement follow-up programs for those students contacted during the fall and early spring to complete admissions process and register for classes.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in higher education, student recruitment, admissions or related experience.
- Previous recruiting, sales and/or communications experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must demonstrate a student-oriented philosophy and an enthusiastic, outgoing personality.
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter.
- Must be able to conduct public speaking engagements effectively and professionally to all audiences. Public speaking is a key component of this position.
- Proficiency handling multiple responsibilities and priorities timely and effectively.
- Ability to work independently, exercise discretion, effectively multi-task and use independent judgment. Ability to maintain professionalism at all times as this position is a primary representative of Navarro College.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service while maintaining a student focused philosophy.
- Possess a developed knowledge of higher education admissions and student recruitment practices. Ability to exercise best practices in college admissions and student recruitment.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with college faculty and staff, administration and students.
- Must have the ability to provide own reliable transportation; mileage reimbursed.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written communication.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft software and ability to use various forms of communication platforms.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, classified staff and diverse community groups.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Work occasional early mornings, late evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and be insurable by the College auto insurance policy.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Recruiting
SALARY: $36,000.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled