The Testing Aide for Corsicana reports to the Testing Assistant on the Corsicana campus and is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the Testing Center.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explains Testing Center procedures and monitors testing sessions while adhering to standardized policies and regulations to ensure integrity of test processes and confidentiality of test results.
- Serves as proctor for a variety of testing activities including national, state, and local exams such as the TSI Assessment, GED, TABE, TASC, THEA, TEAS, VCT, TCEQ, CLEP and online course tests as well as proctoring tests for other institutions.
- Reports all unusual events, attempts at academic dishonesty, irregularities and compromises taking place during the test to the appropriate personnel.
- Provides assistance with special projects, processes score results, compiles data, and prepares reports as required.
- Performs clerical and administrative support duties, including file maintenance, collection of receipts, word processing, scheduling of appointments, answering phones, and email correspondence.
- Attend all training required by supervisor or college/district, state, or federal policy.
- Available some evenings and weekends as required, especially during peak times such as Beau Camp, registration, midterms, and finals.
- Other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Computer and Clerical Experience.
- Associate’s Degree.
- Computer and clerical experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Be service-oriented with the ability to pay attention to details in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times when interacting with personnel and the general public.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service.
- Must be dependable and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and test security.
- Must be a self-starter and able to demonstrate an ability to work effectively with staff, faculty, and other administrators.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance appropriate to the position.
- Must be able to work with students, college personnel, and the general public in a professional and gracious manner.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- May not be enrolled as a student at Navarro College nor in an undergraduate degree program while employed in the Testing Center.
REPORTS TO: Testing Assistant – Corsicana Campus
SALARY: $10.00 per hour / up to 19 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled