Under the direct supervision of the Associate Registrar/Registrar, the Assistant Registrar/Dual Credit Admissions oversees the day-to-day activities and operations of the Ellis County (Waxahachie, Midlothian) admissions and records area. The Assistant Registrar provides technical information and assistance to students, faculty, counselors and other Ellis County personnel concerning registration, enrollment and student records. The Assistant Registrar has an indirect reporting structure to the Dean of Waxahachie Campus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make day-to-day operational decisions and provide recommendations to the Associate Registrar for improved office processes and procedures, keeping appropriate Ellis County personnel informed of any changes/updates.
- Provide technical expertise in maintaining the day-to-day operations of the College’s student and course systems including :
- Admissions, registration, assessment of fees, grading and other end of term processes.
- Develop and maintain the student database, course and catalog database, graduation database as well as many associated databases.
- Support degree audit development and maintenance.
- Manage the Admissions and Records processes of the Texas State Technical College (TSTC) partnership.
- Develop and maintain the day-to-day operations of the Communications Management Module automated communicator for applicants and students.
- Coordinate with electronic transcript trading partners, receiving and sending of transcripts.
- Manage receipt of electronic applications in conjunction with the development of the state mandated electronic common application for community colleges.
- Create and maintain student academic records in the computerized student database system (Colleague): assure completeness, accuracy and confidentiality of records in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
- Disseminate student information to faculty and provide pertinent academic and student information to faculty and staff as needed.
- Assist the Associate Registrar with the student record-keeping process and training at the Midlothian and Waxahachie locations.
- Provide assistance with the Ellis County student commencement functions as follows:
- Produce and issue degrees and certificates.
- Notify potential graduates of requirements for graduation.
- Compile the report that lists candidates for degree and determine which candidates may be eligible for honors.
- Certification of students eligible for graduation.
- National Student Clearinghouse reports (Enrollment Report and Degree Verify).
- Participate in administering procedures for controlling refunds and fees.
- Manage transfer credit evaluations and military credit evaluations at Ellis County campuses.
- Assist the International Student Coordinator by providing immediate care to International Students at the Midlothian and Waxahachie campuses, and by serving as a Designated School Official.
- Assist the Associate Registrar with special projects and performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise Admissions and Records Waxahachie and Midlothian office staff.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Cross train with Financial Aid staff to work “One Stop Welcome Desk” to assist financial aid students.
- Attend meetings at night to assist parents/students with Apply Texas Admission Process in Ellis County.
- Assist Associate Registrar/Lead Dual Credit Admissions to oversee admissions staff to ensure all dual credit students are processed in a timely manner.
- Assist Associate Registrar/Lead Dual Credit in training staff to process dual credit student admission.
- Coordinate staff in Ellis County to scan archived records daily until all archived records are scanned.
- Title IV processing.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Registrar’s office or closely related office in an education setting.
- Master’s degree.
- Minimum of two years of increasingly responsible clerical and technical experience in the admissions and records functions at a college or university.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exemplify excellent interpersonal skills.
- Maintain excellent customer relations skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of database, word processing and spreadsheet applications is essential.
- Ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with students, co-workers and the public.
- Knowledge of the total process involved in admissions and records.
- Prior experience in a Registrar’s office using an integrated computer system.
- Experience with Colleague student database system preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise clerical staff and student workers.
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting computer database.
- Experience in a setting which includes frequent student contact, demanding schedules and timelines.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Prior experience in on-line registration, knowledge of Web Advisor a plus.
- Knowledge and ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance to appropriate State and Federal regulations (e.g., FERPA; state reporting).
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Associate Registrar
SALARY: $36,000.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled