The Admissions Specialist reports to the Associate Registrar/Lead Dual Credit Admissions and the Director of Admissions/Registrar and is principally responsible for collecting, evaluating, maintaining, and distributing student academic records and information.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides Front Counter assistance for the Office of Admissions and Records and Financial Aid Students through the One Stop Welcome Desk
- Evaluates all incoming college transcripts and transfers applicable credit.
- Enters data into the computer system as necessary to maintain a current accurate student database.
- Creates, updates and maintains student files.
- Helps to ensure that grades are entered and reported in a timely manner.
- Issues identification cards and parking permits to Navarro College students and employees.
- Maintains contact with faculty members and off-campus centers to ensure that course rolls are correct and collected in a timely manner as the Director of Admissions/Registrar directs.
- Assists in the dissemination of information on courses offered and procedures students are required to follow in order to obtain grade transcripts.
- Issues official transcripts based upon requests and conducts enrollment verifications.
- Performs general typing/word processing, correspondence, reports, requisitions and other related materials as required.
- Participates in the graduation process from verification of information on the application, provides appropriate diploma designation and ensures that all requirements are met.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Director of Admissions/Registrar, Associate Registrar, or Assistant Registrar.
- Processes admissions applications.
- Processes trigger codes for communication.
- Places PERC holds appropriately.
- Cross trains with Dual Credit staff to assist Dual Credit students.
- Cross trains with Financial Aid to provide assistance to students at the One Stop Welcome Desk.
- Processes Dual Credit admissions including parent and school forms.
- Scans current and archived records.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Associate Degree
- Two (2) years of general office experience.
- Will consider any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in word processing with good keyboarding skills and basic computer literacy.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret college regulations and policies and apply to specific situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to make judgments and decisions based upon operating directives established by the Registrar.
- Ability to plan and organize work and to function as a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight time frames.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
- Occasional travel to off campus sites for work assignment.
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions / Registrar
SALARY: $26,876.00 (This is a 12 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled