The Assistant Football Coach works under the general supervision of the Head Football Coach. The principal duties will be to serve as an assistant football coach.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As an assistant football coach, will perform all duties assigned by the Head Football Coach.
- Assists with planning and organizing practices on a daily basis during the spring and fall.
- Ensures that the recruitment of prospective athletes is carried out efficiently, in accord with college, conference, and national regulations.
- Complies with college expectations regarding decorum and serves as a role model for the student athlete.
- Participates in college and community activities and, when appropriate, is involved in drug/alcohol education programs.
- Must teach assigned walk on football.
- Participates in (based upon qualifications) the instructional program of the college. Instructional responsibilities will be defined by the chairperson of Physical Education as well as by the Dean of Sciences, Kinesiology and Developmental Studies Program, both of whom work in concert with the Executive Dean of Academic Studies.
- Must be committed to meeting the educational goals of Navarro College’s students in an environment that promotes intellectual growth and develops human potential.
- Must be collegial and collaborative.
- Must demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, integrity, and respect when interacting with students, peers, classified employees and administration.
- Must observe proper and appropriate channels of communication, enforce the policies and regulations of the college and strive to support and improve college programs.
- Teaching all classes as assigned or scheduled and maintaining contractually-defined office hours that are supportive of students.
- Maintain appropriate class preparation in support of all course objectives.
- Provide impartial assessment and evaluation of students.
- Conduct adequate tracking and record keeping of student performance and outcomes.
- Active involvement in student recruitment, advising and retention is expected.
- Must be ethical, responsible, and adaptable.
- Must be willing to seek opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
- Must embrace the mission and objectives of Navarro College.
- Must have developed a passion to teach and coach others in the athletic and fitness fields.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Physical Education, Athletic Administration, or related field.
- Master’s degree in related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be familiar with NJCAA, SWJCFC, and Navarro College scholarship guidelines.
- Preference will be given to individuals with previous football coaching experience.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal relationship, communication, organizational, and recruiting skills.
- Must be able to maintain order and discipline.
- Must be able to pay attention to details.
- Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Busy working environment with numerous interruptions.
REPORTS TO: Head Football Coach
SALARY: $32,500.00 (This is a 10 month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Open Until Filled