GOOCH OneStop Student Center, Room 103
Building A, Room 112
Texas Success Initiative Exemptions
• Scored a 23 or higher on the ACT composite and a minimum of 19 on both the English and math tests;
• SAT administered prior to March 2016: Earned a combined (verbal critical reading + math) SAT score of 1070, with a minimum score of 500 on both sections;
• SAT administered March 2016 and later: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) minimum score of 480, Mathematics minimum score of 530 (no combined score needed);
• STAAR end-of course (EOC) with a minimum Level 2 score of 4000 on the English III shall be exempt from the TSI reading and writing, and a minimum Level 2 score of 4000 on the Algebra II EOC is exempt from the TSI math.
• A student who has graduated with an associate or baccalaureate degree from an institution of higher education.
• Veterans, active duty personnel, and a student who is serving as and, for at least 3 years preceding enrollment, has served as a member of a reserve component of the U.S. armed services; A student who on or after August 1, 1990, was honorably discharged, retired, or released from active duty as a member of the armed forces of the United States or the Texas National Guard or service as a member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States.
• Transfer from another institution having satisfactorily completed collegelevel coursework; or
• Enroll in a certificate program of one year or less (Level One certificates) at a public institution.
• A student who successfully completes a college preparatory course under TEC 28.014 is exempt for a period of 24 months from the date of high school graduation. The student must enroll in the student’s first college – level course in the exempted content area in the student’s first year of enrollment in an institution of higher education.