Resident Requirements beginning Fall 2014
Resident Requirements beginning Fall 2014
- High School transcript (GPA of 1.75 on a 4-point scale or equivalent);
- Essay of 250-300 words describing your educational goals and how you think the experience of living in on-campus housing can help reach those goals;
- Navarro College Reference Form from a High School Administrator/former College Administrator;
- Proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccination;
- $210 deposit ($200 refundable housing deposit and $10 non-refundable background check fee. Preferred method of payment is a money order. Personal checks will require driver license number, date of birth, and phone number.); and
- Pass a criminal background check.
**Submitting the above items DOES NOT guarantee placement in the Residence Life/Housing program at Navarro College.
You must submit your High School transcript to the Registrar’s Office. The Residence Life Office will then verify your GPA through the Registrar’s Office.
Fall 2014 information for new / incoming students
August 1, 2014 is the deadline for requesting the $200 housing deposit to be refunded. All requests for refunds must be in writing (e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (903) 875-7680). Please include:
- Your name
- Student ID number or Social Security number
- Mailing address
All refunds will be sent in the form of a check. Again, August 1, 2014 is the deadline for requesting a refund of the $200 housing deposit.
NOTE: If your deposit was paid after August 1, 2014 and you change your mind about residing on campus, you have 10 days from the date you paid your deposit to request your deposit back before it is forfeited.
|Nov 30 (Monday)||Housing re-opens, 2:00 p.m.|
|Dec 15 (Monday)||Housing closes, 5:00 p.m.|
|Jan 1 (Thursday)||Deadline to cancellations must be in writing|
|Jan 14 (Wednesday)||Housing opens, Check-in between 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Jan 15 (Thursday)||Housing check-in, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Jan 16 (Friday)||Housing check-in, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Late Housing check-in, 3:00 p.m. - 5 p.m.
|Jan 17 (Saturday)||Late Housing check-in, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
|Jan 19 (Monday)||College closed
Martin Luther King Day
|Jan 20 (Tuesday)||Classes begin|
Navarro College is committed to providing an on-campus living experience that is comfortable, affordable, accessible, and secure housing. We offer opportunities for residents to grow and develop in all aspects of their lives. In addition, we endeavor to be a community of individuals who teach the value of human diversity and promote the value of good citizenship. We are committed to acting with integrity, dignity, and competence in our service to residents and the college community.
Residence Life/Housing Contract Highlights:
Everyone should read and understand the Residence Life/Housing contract before signing it, as it is a legal and binding document. Some important points to keep in mind are:
- You are signing a one-semester only contract and you are obligated to fulfill the terms of this contract.
- If you move off campus during the semester, whether it is voluntary or you are removed from Housing for discipline reasons but still remain a student at Navarro College, you will still be charged for Housing for the entire term of your contract.
- Breaking the contract for any reason will cause your deposit to be forfeited and applied to your housing costs if there is a balance. If there is not a balance or any outstanding fines your deposit will be refunded to you.
- By signing the contract you are agreeing to the terms of the contract and the policies of the Residence Life/Housing Handbook. Violations of our policies will result in disciplinary actions as determined by Navarro College officials.
These are just a few important points you need to be familiar with. Please READ and make sure you understand ALL of the contract and Residence Life/Housing Handbook.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Gibson Hall Student Center
3200 W. 7th Avenue
Corsicana, TX 75110
Phone: (903) 875-7541
Fax: (903) 875-7680
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
For Emergencies, please call:
RESIDENCE LIFE / HOUSING ADMINISTRATORS
Charles B. Betts, Director
(903) 875-7540 | (903) 654-4279
Stan Wong, Asst. Director
(903) 875-7631 | (903) 654-0018
Brett Manley, Asst. Director
(903) 875-7666 | (903) 467-4322